Any experienced Amazon FBA business owner knows the importance of keeping a constant eye on all the important data. Amazon’s listing algorithm constantly changes and your competition is always tweaking their listings to adjust to it. If you want to make it to the top and stay there, you need to be fluid and able to adjust.
It’s hard to tell exactly what pieces of data you should keep track of, and how often you should check it. Don’t worry, though. As always ZonGuru is here to help! Read on for the best tips and tricks around for optimizing your Amazon listings and dominating page 1!
Most of us here at ZonGuru are experienced sellers. After years of selling, we’ve honed our obsessive attention to detail down to a science and developed a detailed checklist of daily, weekly, and monthly tasks we recommend following to stay one step ahead of Amazon’s algorithms and ensure your listings are fully optimized. These checks are divided into sections. Each one is:
– Revenue and net margin. Knowing exactly how much your business is worth and where your money goes helps you make the most responsible decisions. Check this weekly and monthly.
– ACOS (Advertising Cost of Sale). This gives you an idea of how many sales are organic and how many are a result of paid advertising so you can strategize your marketing strategy.
– Inventory levels and projections. You need to know how much stuff you have, and when it will run out so you can restock. Keeping a steady inventory is the most important thing any Amazon business can do.
– Reviews. Knowing what your customers think of your product and meeting their needs builds trust and increases sales.
– Main Keyword King Trends. Are your keywords trending up or down? Knowing your customer base’s searching tendencies means you can adjust your keywords on the fly to account for any shifts in their habits.
– BSR (Best Sellers Rank). Check in on your BSR at least twice a week to see how adjustments you made are doing, and always be willing to change direction when the data tells you to.
– Business Reports come straight from Amazon, meaning you have the EXACT amount of page views, impressions, and the ratio between those and actual conversions.
For those who are “spreadsheet geeks” and looking to supercharge your Google Sheets by automatically importing your Amazon data, check out Amazon sales tracker spreadsheet, and avoid manual data entry. The tool also automates and streamlines your workflow to automatically load the latest data into your spreadsheets.
– Price. Know what your competitors are charging for so you can keep up with them.
– Images. What images are they using to successfully differentiate their product? Have they used any of your images?
– New Competitors. Have any new competitors entered the market? If so, what are they doing to trend upwards?
– Backend Keywords. Use our Keyword Spotlight to look at what backend keywords are driving traffic to the top 3 listings in your category.
– Search term reports show you how well your Google Ad and Amazon PPC campaigns are doing.
– Keyword performance. Twice a week, check to see how your keywords are doing. Get rid of your lowest performing keywords and focus on your high performing ones more.
That’s a lot of stuff to keep an eye on, and it’s important to develop a routine that works for you to stay on top of it all. If you’re up to speed with every aspect of your business, you have nowhere to go but page one! ZonGuru’s world class tools, educational content, and customer support team are here to help! Never hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, and happy selling!
Discover opportunities. Maximize your sales. Grow your Amazon business!